Together For Jackson County Kids (TFJCK) is a community based coalition, which was organized formally in 1988. Together For Jackson County Kids has been awarded $100,000.00 of Drug Free Communities Federal Prevention monies for 9 consecutive years in a row since October 2003 by the Office Of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention and SAMHSA. The funds have enabled the coalition to organize, staff and incorporate several nationally recognized anti-drug & community building programs.
- Strengthen collaboration between local prevention partnership council members & other community based youth serving organizations.
- Reduce alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use among Jackson County youth by promoting community & family protective factors.
- Conduct a comprehensive Community Assesment to measure commmunity resources and needs.
- Measure & record youth risk factors, positive behaviors, and substance abuse statistics.
- Provide community education through media, literature and programming.
- Promote healthy lifestyle choices through education, providing resources and coalition activities.
Our mission statement: Together For Jackson County Kids, a county-wide partnership of concerned citizens, is committed to enhancing community wellness by promoting positive values and choices and eleminating the negative impact of alcohol, tobacco, other drugs, violence, and related youth risk behaviors. We draw upon private, publubic, adult, and youth resources.